Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nice Jewish Girls Gone Bad Rocky Tour Rundown and Upcoming Dates

 
Nice Jewish Girls Gone Bad tour
  

1. Rocky Tour
2. Upcoming dates
3. Win a free ski trip with NJGGB

The tour drama started before the tour ever began, a colossal snowstorm in NYC that threaten our flights, a dancer with a bum leg and a guitar player who left his guitar at the airport. For the 2nd time in a row, the Denver audiences made us forget our troubles. What followed I can only describe as the most fun, adventurous (intentionally adventurous), inebriated, cushiest and scandalous tour to date. It was like a Teen Tour meets Mamas & the Papas with a lot of splashes of Jim Beam. We teamed up with the fellas of Good For the Jews (Rob Tannenbaum & David Fagin), or rather lured them with promises of Medical Marijuana and roamed the Rocky Mountains like the gyspies, tramps and Jews that we are.  

-------------

www.Denver.gs

----------- 

 In Denver Colorado I rented a Chevy Blazer from Rent-A-Lemon. My ride definitely lived up to its name and I felt very Colorado in it. We sold out two shows at Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret because Denver rocks. We stayed at the delightful abode of one Jefferson Arca (AKA Pierre St. Pierre) and if he isn't too careful I might be moving in :) If you find yourself in Denver on a Thursday or Saturday night, check out Pierre's Show, it is the most fun I've had in a while. Denver is truly lucky to have this gem. I want to thank Bill Husted of the Denver Post, Susan Froyd of The Westword and Larry Hankin of Intermoutain Jewish News for the love. I also want to give a special thanks for the free acupunture - acute back pain went away.

Next up Breckenridge, we stayed at the sexy Great Divide and graced the stage of Three 20 South. Lauren Lewsadder of the Chamber of Commerce hooked us up with gear thru Ski Butlers. If there were ever saints, it was the guys of Ski Butlers. They came to our hotel rooms, outfitted us in our gear, boards and skis and were pretty adorable. COUGAR ALERT! If you ever find yourself in Breck - Eat @ Lucha. Many thanks to Leah Arnold for the lift tix discount.

We then schlepped up to Steamboat Springs which should have the tag line: Steamboat Springs, next to nothing. the venue, Ghost Ranch Saloon was pretty adorable, the audience was fab and the staff was great until it came time to pay us and they decide it was perfectly ok to cheat us out of our hard earned dough. My own personal tag line is now: Steamboat Springs: Not worth the schlep. Steamboat Springs: Breckenridge is closer. Thank you Paula Salky for spreading the word.

Around that time the key was stuck in the ignition of my Rent A Lemon special. We hit Boulder and played on what I can only describe as a small football field and spent 90 minutes offending the audience. I guess Mork was the extent of their sense of humor. Thank you Dave Burdick, Boulder Jewish News and Roberta Levin for helping us fill the house. We got a very long winded letter afterwards from an offended audience member. The girlfight at the beginning of the show yanked her chain so there was not going to be any love there. Got to love those moments.

We went back up to the mountains, skied Breckenridge and Keystone then went to Aspen. It was in Aspen I realized that a 1998 Chevy Blazer with the key stuck in the ignition will not get stolen if parked next to a Bentley. We skied Aspen or rather we tried to get down the hill intact. Lots of Botox waiting for us at the bottom. We then packed the really beautiful Wheeler Opera House and I felt like Jenny Lind gracing the stage, if Jenny Lind sang about her Vi-jew-jew. Many thanks to Gram Slayton, Brad Manosevitz, Andrew Kole, Christopher Laursen and Michael Sailor for making Aspen truly special for us. I didn't feel nearly as impoverished. 
 

------------

www.Utah.gs 

 ----------- 
 

 Moab welcomed us with open arms at the now World's Famous Frankie D's. As I came around the bend and saw the iconic orange rock against the blue sky, I was instantly happy. Last year, I made the observation that the person with the most crap in their front yard won. This idea definitely made it around town over the past year as the crowd cheered the bit on. Frankie D was the same wonderful spirit, he always is. I even wore his photo onstage - "Day Destroys The Night". The townsfolk packed the place and made the show very fun and interactive. Many thanks to Sallie Hodges, Helena, Teri Ann Tibbetts, Christy Williams Dunton, KZMU Crew and of course Frankie D for making Moab a truly wonderful place in our hearts.
 

www.Albuquerque.gs

 
Albuquerque JCC was next up, raising a little dough for the NMU Hillel. One of the lovelier spot in town. Many thanks to Betty Harvie and Jackie Shane for putting the evening together, it was a big success and hopefully there were more smiles than angry letters. I do miss the tranny hookers btwn the stage and the dressing room, I am talking to you Filling Station. Thank you David Steinberg and The Alibi for the ink :)

We were worried about the Taos New Mexico gig as it was the same night as the Oscars and I have priorities. Luckily that didn't stop our fans from coming on down. Our favorite gay native American, Chief Suck-The-Cock represented as well as Phyllis in her NJGGB tee who told me I was funnier and thinner than last time. I guess that's a compliment. l also want to thank Blackie McGoldstein for making it down and lighting up the night. Thank you Buzz and Ruth, we love you! We made it out to the Earth Ships, houses made out of recycled materials and now I want one. Come on fans, hook me up. Mucho Gracias to Rick Romancito.

Santa Fe rocked as usual. Since our last trip, the venue, Backroad Pizza, had been featured on Drive-ins, Diners and Dives on the Food Network. The smallest stage of our trip was the most famous. Thank you Piper for the love and the pie. Wish we could have stayed longer but we needed to rush off to Vail afterwards so I could get pulled over for a sobriety test. Note to self: A New Mexican Sobriety Test is very similar to a basic Vinyasa Yoga class. Toda Raba SF New Mexican and Reporter :)

Our last night in Vail was bittersweet as our tour was coming to an end. The crowd kept on sending up gag nasty shots to David and later they joined us on stage. Thank you Sandbar crew for everything. That morning I woke up in a mountain side mansion compliments of Jen Alpert (shh-don't tell her Dad). Instead of hitting the slopes I wanted to bask in the moment before returning to my NYC treehouse. We went back to Denver in a snowstorm but this time the Rent-A-Lemon prevailed. Jefferson Arca rocked our world once more with sushi, booze and a magic show. I have been sleeping ever since I have been back.

Check out our upcoming shows:

2. NJGGB SHOWS

March 20th @ 8pm & 10pm
Primetime Comedy Club
960 Route 9 South (Sayreville Plaza)
Sayreville, NJ 08879
732-721-6555

March 27th @8pm
Windham Ski Mountain
Windham, NY

3. Come ski with us. Enter you name to win free lift tix and rental at Windham Mountain on March 27-28. Reply to email with "Yes Goddess" and we will enter you to win.
_________________

Solo Stuff

March 16th @8pm
Cellar 58
58 2nd Ave
NYC

March 25th
Downtown Seder
City Winery
NYC

XO

Susannah

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susannah,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Breckenridge to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete